2021 is our year to start living our best life yet and in order to do that there are some habits that are toxic af that needed to be kicked to the curb now. You ready for these? It might rock your world, but in a good way, I promise! I love you and you need these!
- Stop talking bad about your body. Don’t do it. The more you rip on yourself the worse you’ll feel. Instead Compliment your body. What do you like about it? Stand in front of the mirror and say at least 1 thing you like.
2. Stop talking about other people. Stop judging them. The gossip you’re saying about them comes back and reflects on you. Ever heard of the law of vibration?
The Law of Vibration states that everything in the Universe moves, travels and vibrates in circular motions. In relation to our physical world, this also applies to our feelings. our thoughts, our dreams and our free will. That old saying ‘like attracts like’ is actually referring to how our own vibrational energy, attracts or aligns with the same or similar vibrational energy.
Thankfully we have complete control over the energy we put out to the universe and therefore control over what energy aligns with ours and comes back to us.
This awareness, once harnessed and understood is incredibly powerful as you move through your life here on earth.
So, guess what when you’re talking bad about someone or gossiping you’re putting out that negative vibration…and that comes back to you. Which you don’t want. So stop doing it!
3. Worrying about all the things. Worry does no good. Why worry about something that might or could happen? When I became a Mom I was filled with worry. And guess what all of that worry I had, none of those worries came to be yet I wasted all that time and energy. For what? For nothing. What if I would’ve spent that energy on doing good things, helping people or filling my heart?
4. Stop Comparing yourself to others. You’ll never be them. And thank GOD. We all need to be different. Comparison is the thief of Joy. When you find yourself comparing. Flip that script. Say out loud to yourself some things about yourself you love. Come on, you have at least one. And if you can’t think of one, email me, we can talk and I’ll tell you one!
5. Let Go of what other people think of you. I used to succumb to the opinons of others and live my life based on what people thought of me. Soooo many judgments. And I finally realized this wasn’t a way to live. These people who I cared so much about what they thought about me weren’t living my life. They weren’t paying my bills. They didn’t have to be around me all the time and like me. So ditch that toxic AF habit. You deserve better and its so much freaking better on the other side, I PROMISE!
6. Let go of grudges. The only one you’re hurting by holding a grudge is you. Read that again! Let it go, let it go- in the wise words of Elsa :) (signed a Mom who forever has Frozen in her brain)
7. Stop mindlessly scrolling on your phone. Do you have any idea how much time you waste? Set a timer on your phone for 15 minutes when you want scroll time. When it’s up. Put the phone down. Life is happening all around you and you’re missing it when on your phone!
8. Release the need to be busy all the time. It’s a hard one, I know. Especially if you’re a Mom. But everyone, everyone needs down time. When is your next scheduled down time? If you don’t one planned, get it on the books!
9. Stop hitting the snooze. Most people I know set an alarm to wake them up at a specific time – but they also hit snooze. Instead of hitting snooze after your first alarm goes off, count yourself down from 3, and after 1, just get up. Then, in the extra 10 or 20 minutes you have, complete that annoying task you’ve been putting off forever so that you can start your day feeling productive and accomplished.
10. Get up at least an hour a day before your kids. I talk more about this in the Take your Day Back Challenge inside The Mama Vault. But seriously this allows you some time for you first Mama, which makes a whole heck of a difference in your day when you get me time first thing instead of being woke up by the baby alarm clock.
11. Stop living in the past. I have some friends who LIVE in the past and its soooo frustrating because they are missing the present right in front of them! Their babies growing up, the time we are spending together, etc. The past is over. Make peace with that. And focus on the present. Make peace with the past. If you look to the future it can cause anxiousness so focus on right here, right now, the PRESENT.
Remember to Treat yourself Well,