Let's go into more detail about the 12 oils that are in the kit:
Frankincense is arguably one of the most recognizable essential oils due to its wide range of supportive properties, as well as being one of the gifts given to baby Jesus. It’s amazing to add to your daily facial moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. When diffused, the warm, woodsy fragrance may lead to feelings of grounding and purpose.
- put two drops in your hands, cup them, and inhale deeply to help ease anxious feelings.
- rub a couple drops on your temples and across your forehead to relieve tension and bring a sense of calming.
- diffuse during meditation for more focused attention.
Lavender, often called "The Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils, is one oil you will likely find yourself reaching for often. Just a drop may help soothe minor skin abrasions, a swipe along the inside cheek may help bring relief for seasonal discomfort, and a drop in a new tube of mascara can result in fuller, longer eyelashes. Lavender can also be used for the following things:
- combine Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint to support healthy respiratory function and help you enjoy the seasons with ease.
- make homemade play-dough with Lavender to help calm your children.
- Lavender lemonade is delicious and may help reduce feelings of anxiousness
Peppermint Vitality is one of the oils that I will never find myself without. I use it to support healthy digestion, as part of the weight management trio, and even to flavor a box of brownies (so good). Its invigorating scent is useful in a variety of situations. Look at some of these other uses for Peppermint:
- add a drop of Peppermint Vitality and a drop of Lemon Vitality to a glass of water for your morning pick-me-up.
- rub a drop over your heart and on your stomach to help relieve digestive discomfort and support healthy digestion.
- add a drop to your water while studying and again during tests to stay alert.
Lemon Vitality essential oil can be used for a variety of things, including cooking, baking, and for a balanced health and wellness regimen. A drop of Lemon Vitality oil in a glass of water can help bring balance to your overall health and wellness or you can use it in a delicious homemade vinaigrette. Here are a few more of the many things Lemon can do:
- two drops of Lemon Vitality oil added to your favorite lemon bar recipe heightens the freshness of the flavors.
- combine with Peppermint Vitality and Grapefruit Vitality as support for an all-natural, healthy weight management regimen.
- a drop or two of Lemon can help you get sticky, hard to remove items or residue off of windows and other surfaces with ease.
Valor – Nicknamed The Unicorn Oil. Nerves a wreck? Valor. Can’t sleep? Valor. Need some confidence? Valor. Stressed to the max? Valor. Kids going crazy? Valor.
It's seriously, an amazing, amazing oil.
A truly unique blend of Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, Camphor Wood, Geranium, and Frankincense, Valor has a woodsy, grounding aroma that is great for massaging into targeted areas or applying this motivational scent everywhere you go.
Nickname: Chiropractor in a bottle #legit
Peace & Calming – My favorite nighttime oil. 3 drops each of Peace & Calming, Lavender, and Valor in a diffuser have me passed out. This was THE oil that introduced me to Young Living when we needed it to calm a wild child.
It’s also my secret weapon for toddler tantrums. When it's hard for them to wind down, dab at the base of their neck (the brain stem has all those nerve endings!) and a little swipe under their nose and BAM chill out immediately.
So just call this bottle "little secret weapon"- because it sure feels that way!
Peace & Calming is a gentle, sweet blend of Ylang Ylang, Orange, Tangerine, Patchouli, and Blue Tansy and is one of Young Living’s most popular essential oil blends.
Apply to wrists and inhale, or diffuse it when you are feeling on edge. Perfect to use during your children’s bedtime and for yourself after the house has settled down.
Stress Away does exactly what the name suggests: it helps bring relief to everyday stresses we all feel. This blend of Copaiba, Lime, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Ocotea, and Lavender essential oils smells amazing and when diffused or applied topically provides a calming aroma and feeling. You can affix the rollerball included in the starter kit to the bottle of Stress Away, so it’s at the ready whenever you feel life's challenges frustrating you. Here are some more ways to use it:
- apply it to kids to calm them on rough days.
- mix with Epsom salts to create a spa-like bath experience.
- diffuse with Lavender to relax the family after a long day.
DiGize Vitality is a blend of Ginger, Anise, Fennel, Peppermint, Tarragon, Lemongrass, Patchouli, and Juniper essential oils that was formulated to aid healthy digestion. Its rich, unique aroma and taste can be calming and comforting. Here are a few other uses for DiGize Vitality:
- when traveling abroad, use it as a dietary supplement in your water.
- put a drop in a glass of water and drink with your meals to support healthy digestion.
- bring it on a road trip to help your family travel with ease.
Citrus Fresh Vitality is specifically formulated so you and your family can enjoy the benefits of the Citrus Fresh essential oil blend internally.
The difference between Citrus Fresh Vitality and Citrus Fresh essential oil is simply the labeling and recommended usage. This labeling allows you to share Young Living essential oils in all the ways they are intended. The essential oils in Citrus Fresh Vitality are the same 100-percent pure essential oils as their topical/aromatic counterparts. Citrus Fresh Vitality is labeled for dietary use and is the appropriate product to use when sharing dietary uses with others.
Citrus Fresh Vitality:
• May support your weight-management program*
• Provides antioxidant properties*
• Has an invigorating citrus flavor
• Contains cleansing properties*
• Contains Lemon Vitality essential oil, which can be supportive to the immune system*
• Supports overall wellness*
Raven is another new addition to the starter kit. This blend of Ravintsara, Lemon, Wintergreen, Peppermint, and Eucalyptus Radiata essential oils packs a big punch! Its robust scent is an empowering and invigorating aroma that will help you stay motivated throughout the day. When you apply it topically to the chest or throat, it creates a cooling sensation. NOTE: Raven is not recommended for children under the age of 6 without the advice of a health professional (which I am not). Whenever using it with any children, dilute, dilute, dilute! Here are just a couple of the ways you can use Raven:
- diffuse with a couple drops of Orange or Citrus Fresh for a bright, fresh twist on Raven’s unique scent.
- combine with a carrier oil to create a cooling back and chest rub.
- put a drop or two on the shower floor or in some Epsom salts for a soothing, easy to breathe spa-like bathing experience.
PanAway is a perfect companion after a workout, or a lifesaver for those days that you’ve overexerted yourself physically. This blend of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove, and Peppermint essential oils can be used in a massage to help ease muscle discomfort. This oil might just become your best friend.
- mix with Peppermint, Valor, Lemongrass, and coconut oil for a soothing muscle cream.
- mix with V6 Vegetable Oil in a roller bottle to take on the go or put in your workout bag.
Thieves Vitality, one of Young Living’s most popular oil blends and has a warm, spicy scent and flavor. This proprietary blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils may help support a healthy immune system and promote overall wellness. Here’s a few ways to use it:
- apply a drop to the feet every morning and diffuse every night to support a healthy immune system.
- mix one drop each of Thieves Vitality and Lemon Vitality with a teaspoon of raw honey for a soothing and delicious treat.
- add a drop or two to a cup of warm water to make a spicy, delicious tea.